Four (4) year apprenticeship:
Architectural Sheet Metal- brass and copper ornamentation, columns, skylights, signs, Gutters and downspouts. Heating, Ventilating, Air-Conditioning- design, fabrication and install. Testing, adjusting and balancing-fine tuning and maintaining HVAC components. Use of computers to fabricate sheet metal products and troubleshoot HVAC systems. Health, Safety and Environmental training. Food and Beverage- Stainless Steel fabrication and installation in restaurants, cafeterias etc. Welding and fusing different types of metal using the latest technological processes. Service work with includes installing, maintaining and repair of equipment that conditions air.
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Physically fit to perform work
- Strong math skills
- Valid Drivers license and Social Security card
- All applicants must complete a NCRC test /Contact Iowa Works 712-233-9030
- Work will be both outdoors and indoors, with a large portion of work being performed overhead.
- The apprentice will be required to attended related training classes, most likely in the evening.
The apprentice will receive increment wage rate increases based on a percentage of the journeyworker rate, beginning at approximately 45% of journeyworker pay with 5% increase each six (6) months.